Knee & Hip Pain
Neck & Shoulder Pain
Muscle Tension & Stiffness
Tendon & Ligament Injuries
Sprains & Strains
How It Works
Interferential Therapy is one of the best devices we use for pain management and to treat acute and chronic conditions associated with injuries, traumas, and post-surgery pain. It offers a safe, effective, and natural healing option with no side effects. IFC alleviates pain and accelerates healing process.
- IFC produces stimulation that reaches deep muscle fibers by alternating between two medium frequency electrical pulses and are paired with electrodes, which are placed on your skin around the injured area.
- These frequencies block pain signals in the spinal cord and stimulate endorphins (body’s natural painkillers). This helps create a self-healing process without the need for medications.
Conditions Treated with IFC.
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Pain
- Knee & Hip Pain
- Muscle Tension, Stiffness & Spasms
- Sport Injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- Tendon & Ligament Injuries
- Much more
Common Questions About 3D Interferential Current
Is This Treatment Painfull?
You should not feel any discomfort during the treatment. The electrodes will be applied with damp pads between the electrode and your skin. If discomfort is felt, it is usually because an electrode sponge is not damp enough or because the sponge is not entirely covering the electrode and therefore is allowing some direct contact with your skin.
Our patients do not experience any discomfort, depending on certain area, in some places it may even feel like little tickles.
How Safe is IFC?
IFC has been used in physical therapy treatment for many years and has been proven to be very safe and effective. However, the modality should be avoided for individuals with pacemakers and near the lower back or abdomen of pregnant women. It should also be avoided on a body part where there is any possible risk of metastasis. At your initial visit, our practitioner will consult with you on your treatment plan.