Hot stone therapeutic treatment originated in China almost 2,000 years ago and since then has been used for healing in US, Canada, Africa, Egypt, and India. Hot stone massage has become a popular therapy for many conditions. It’s a type of massage therapy that works by placing water-heated, smooth stones on the body for ultimate relaxation and pain relief by targeting deeper layers of muscle.
Hot stone massage uses flat basalt stones which are made out of the volcanic rock, these stones are chosen because they retain heat. Stones may be placed along your spine, back, stomach, chest, face, palms, hands, feet and toes.
Combined with regular massage, this treatment delivers enormous benefits:
- Relieves chronic pain/ inflammation
- Reduces stress, anxiety and tension
- Restores joint mobility and flexibility
- Relives muscle pain and spasms
- Improves circulation/ cardiovascular system
- Improves sleep, insomnia
- Muscle sprains/ strains
- Helps with mental alertness
- Alleviates joint pain
- Helps with fibromyalgia/ arthritis/ multiple sclerosis
- Boosts immune system
- Relieves back/ neck/shoulder pain and much more
Who may benefit from a hot stone massage?
Anyone who is experiencing muscle tension, pain, insomnia, or stress may benefit from a hot stone massage. Talk to your doctor if a hot stone massage is a good option for you.