WHAT IS THAI HERBAL MASSAGE & HOW IT WORKS
Our Herbal Thai Massage is a two-hour massage performed with a blend of traditional Thai herbs in the compresses which provides a relaxing effect for your body and mind. The mixture of herbs contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties to alleviate sprains, bruises, sore muscles, aches, and more. This herbal therapy was designed to relieve pain and inflammation.
Therapeutic healing herbs in accordance with ancient recipes contain the following ingredients;
- Prai– helps to relax muscles to ease ache, stiffness, and pain.
- Kaffir Lime– helps detox blood, promote oral health, improve digestion, reduce stress, and lower inflammation.
- Camphor– helps to treat some skin conditions, improve breathing, relieve pain. It also has some anti- inflammatory properties.
- Tamarind– can be beneficial if you have cancer, diabetes, or heart conditions. It also helps to detoxify the body and has some anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger- help to relieve cramps, stimulate blood circulation, muscle relaxation, lymphatics system circulation and promote detox of organs and body.
- Lemongrass– helps to reduce the growth of bacteria and yeast. It also helps relieve pain, inflammation, fever and helps to balance blood sugar and cholesterol levels in your system.
- Zedoary- helps with loss of appetite, indigestion, reduces anxiety and stress.
- Turmeric- helps with detoxication, inflammation and reduces the development of some cancers.
- Cumin- helps with diarrhoea, fights bacteria and parasites, may help to control blood sugar and cholesterol and has some anti-cancer properties.
All ingredients are wrapped in a compress, steamed, and then applied to the skin in gentle pressing, circular and rolling movements. This provides a relaxing and invigorating effect on the body and mind while giving your body a boost of energy. Blends can also be customized based on specific conditions such as colds, sinuses, and headaches.
At The Art of Life, you will have to purchase the compressed herbal balls for $25, you get to take them home with you and bring them with you next time you come back. It is also recommended to store them in your fridge.