Sciatica is a term used to describe a medical condition and symptoms related to leg pain.
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in our body, it branches out from the spine in the lower back then combines into one nerve called “sciatic nerve” and then travels through the hips, buttocks, and down to the back of each leg.
Symptoms occur when the nerve is irritated, compressed, or pinched at the area where it starts to split. Depending on where the nerve root is jammed, the pain can be felt in different areas.
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the rear or leg
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving leg or foot
- Constant pain on one side of the buttocks
- Shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
- The pain feels better when laying down but worsens when standing or sitting
- Sharp, searing pain as opposed to acute
- Prickling sensation down the leg
- Severe or shooting pain in one leg
- Pain in the toes
Physiotherapy Needling in combination with Physiotherapy devices such as; Magnetic Biostimulation, 3D Interferential Current, Infrared Laser, Ultrasound, and Infrared Body Wrap, together with exercises given by our Physiotherapist can treat Sciatica fast and effective!