Sciatica is a term used to describe a medical condition and symptoms related to leg pain.
Sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in our body, it branches out from the spine in the lower back then combines into one nerve called “sciatic nerve” and then travels through hips, buttocks and down to the back of each leg.
Symptoms occur when the nerve is irritated, compressed or pinched at the area where it starts to split. Depending where the nerve root is jammed, the pain can be felt in different areas.
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the rear or leg
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness or difficulty moving leg or foot
- Constant pain on one side of the buttocks
- Shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
- The pain feels better when laying down but worsens when standing or sitting
- Sharp, searing pain as opposed to acute
- Prickling sensation down the leg
- Severe or shooting pain in one leg
- Pain in the toes
The Art Of Life Referral Reward Program
Your referral is the best compliment! We would love for you to share your positive experiences at The Art of Life Community Health Center. We believe health care should be accessible to everyone and everyone should have the ability to improve their well-being without expensive health bills and long recovery time.
In appreciation of your support, you can choose 1 of the following rewards:
$50 Cash reward
$90 credit towards your future physiotherapy treatments
Free Compression and Infrared Body Wrap Treatment